Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Rainy Day
 Another cold rainy day in MO. Looks like I'm going to be working inside again today. It means more art and more spring cleaning. I'm more inclined to do the art then the cleaning. I need to have a garage sale and get rid of a lot of things I don't really need. I could use a good garage sale manual and someone to help me. I don't actually mind the getting it priced and ready, I just hate sitting out there waiting for people to come and reject my rejects. When they leave empty handed it's like they are saying your stuff is not good enough. I need a successful sale to add to my buying a new car fund. I think I have enough now that I can get a model  car if it's not over $20. I thought it would be so easy to raise money for a new car when mine died. It's a 92 Toyota Celica and it's served me well for over 10 years. When the car started over heating I found out not only did I need a new thermostat I also needed a new radiator and it as possible I had a leaking head gasket. The total would have been over $2000 and the car just wasn't worth that much. For now it is sitting in my drive waiting for someone to buy it and take it home to restore. The replace the car fund has just never got very far, so now is the time to get serious. A garage sale would be a good place to start. That might get me up to a pedal car at least.
  I've been working on some different types of art and have been using a lot of black paper. It really makes colors pop and the style I have been doing works really well on it. I have started doing what I have been calling faux mosaic. It's fun and once I got the hang of it pretty easy. Here are a couple of examples. These are all ACEO's, which are 2.5 X 3.5 inches.



No comments:

Post a Comment